Sunday, April 07, 2013

Grey/Gris: Ardene - Day Dreamer

When I made the Minni Mouse nails a couple of weeks ago, I liked the French mani contrast nail and decided to do it last weekend. The choice of colour was mostly determined by the fact that I had a funeral to attend on the following Saturday. I liked the lightness on this look.

Lorsque j'ai fait la manucure Minnie Mouse, j'aimais bien l'ongle contrastante de style manucure française et ai décidé d'en faire pour le weekend suivant. Le choix de couleur fut en partie décidé par le fait que j'ai dû aller à des funérailles le samedi suivant. J'aime bien la légèreté de ce look.



Sparkle polish/Vernis à Paillettes: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Rockstar Pink

I took part in a discussion started by one woman who lamented the ubiquity of pink wearing adult women everywhere and it inspired me to do a pink nail. Since I was only going to wear it for two days, I did not want to put too much work in to it. In the end, I chose to go with a translucent look, using my pink tinted base coat as a background for an ombré application of the sparkle polish. The sparkles are only noticeable from up close. From a certain distance it reads as a pink with the blue sparkles standing out.

J'ai participé à une conversation dans laquelle une femme lamentait la prépondérance des femmes arborant le rose et ceci m'a donné l'idée d'avoir des ongles roses. Vu que je porterais que pendant deux jours, je ne voulais pas y mettre trop d'effort. Au final j'ai choisi de faire un ombré avec les paillettes sur une base tintée de rose. Et en fait, les paillettes ne sont visibles que lorsqu'on regarde mes ongles de proche, au loin on dirait un ombré rose avec les paillettes bleus on contraste.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home